Dementia, Depression, Delirium or Drugs? Managing challenging behaviours in the elderly – Byron Bay
July 20 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Ballina Byron Clinical Society invites GPs, specialists and interested health professionals to a dinner meeting that looks at managing challenging behaviours in the elderly.
- Dr Lana Kossoff, Aged Care Psychiatrist, Telehealth Consultant for Richmond Older Persons Mental Health Service Tweed Memory Assessment Program and Crowley Care Service
- Dr Julia Lisle, Geriatrician, NCAHS
- Bradley Ward, Clinical Psychologist, Richmond Older Persons Mental Health Service
- Increased ability to distinguish between dementia, depression and delirium.
- Increased knowledge of best practice strategies for management of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia in the elderly.
- Increased knowledge of local resources and services available to support elderly people who have behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia and/or mental health presentations.
- Increased awareness of prescribing in the elderly and the issues it poses.