This category is for projects that encourage people to take ownership of their health and wellbeing.
Promoting good health and the prevention of disease is vital for primary health care. Projects that target health literacy, healthy lifestyles, reduce hospital admissions and reduce chronic disease fit in this category.
When answering the criteria, show one or more of the following:
• Culture change towards healthy living
• Encouraging healthy behaviours in all areas of life, such as school, the workplace and at home.
• An awareness of the social, cultural and environmental factors which cause disease
• Projects designed to increase health literacy, empowering people to access, understand and act on health information and services to make appropriate decisions about their health.
• The program or project is evidence-informed
• A clear method and measurable changes in the awareness of healthy choices or the health of participants