The North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) Immunisation program provides support and assistance to immunisation providers on the North and Mid North Coast of NSW.
NCPHN works in collaboration with local Public Health Units and other stakeholders to promote immunisation and provide assistance and recommendations, according to the North Coast NSW Immunisation Action Plan 2016-2018, the National Immunisation Strategy for Australia 2013-2018 and the Australian Immunisation Handbook.
- Promote and refer immunisation providers to the HealthPathways site which provides a range of accurate up to date information including local referral information, models of care, public health announcements and latest evidence based information.
- Promote and support best practice in regard to immunisation recommendations and processes within the North Coast region.
- Ensure immunisation providers have access to current, up-to-date immunisation information through our fortnightly Practitioner Newsletter, email mail-outs and education events.
- Support efforts to improve childhood immunisation rates in the North Coast region and reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable diseases
- Promote general practice access and transfer of data to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
- Promote the utilisation of AIR reports as a resource to increase immunisation rates.
- Support immunisation providers with up-to-date information regarding the management and storage of vaccines, as recommended in the “Strive for 5” National Vaccine Storage guidelines.
- Provide the North Coast community with information on immunisation via the Healthy North Coast website.
For up-to-date information regarding immunisation schedules or other immunisation resources for general practice, please visit HealthPathways.
For information on upcoming immunisation updates in your area, see the Practitioner Events Calendar on the Healthy North Coast website.
If you would like to speak to a project officer regarding immunisation concerns, please contact:
- Ballina: (02) 6618 5400 – Tiffany Sullivan
- Port Macquarie: (02) 6583 3600 – Stacie Withers
For more information:
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) on 1800 653 809 or click here.
- Call your local Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055.