Website North Coast Primary Health Network
North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) has a vacancy for a Clinical Adviser (Nursing) Northern NSW.
Clinical Advisers guide North Coast Primary Health Network (NCPHN) direction and strategy, drive quality improvements, act as change agents for health system improvement and strengthen relationships with health professionals on behalf of NCPHN.
The Clinical Adviser (Nursing) will mainly be responsible for establishing and providing a health navigation service to primary health care clinicians with accurate and timely information to improve health care delivery and support to find appropriate services for patients. This will be achieved through the provision of a health professionals’ helpline that provides advice and information about health and community services and guidance on the use of HealthPathways.
The position will also help build and strengthen the Practice Nurse Networks across the NCPHN region and provide guidance and advice to NCPHN programs from the perspective of practice nurses.
The position is available for an immediate start, and will be part time employment. There is flexibility to offer suitable candidates three or four days work per week, up to a maximum of 24 hours per week . Appointment to the position will be for a maximum term up to 30 June 2018. Base work location for the role is negotiable for either Tweed Heads, Ballina, or Lismore. Please indicate your preferred location on the Employment Application form.
Key responsibilities are outline in the Position Description: PD210 Clinical Adviser (Nursing)
BEFORE YOU APPLY PLEASE ENSURE:
- That you have downloaded the NCPHN employment application form NCPHN Employment Application Form
- That you have completed this application form in full, demonstrating how your experience meets each of the selection criteria in detail – for assistance, download the Fact sheet – Addressing Selection Criteria
- That you have included your CV/resume as a separate document.
You will find the selection criteria in the position description which is also available on our website. You then need to click the ‘APPLY FOR JOB’ button below which will take you to the Seek website where you can upload your completed application form and CV.
- If your application does not include a completed NCPHN application form and does not demonstrate how your experience meets each of the selection criteria, it will be incomplete and will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
Selection Criteria ALL of which must be addressed in your application:-
1. Displays resilience and courage – welcomes new challenges and persistently raises and works through difficult issues
2. Delivers results – progresses organisational priorities by ensuring the effective use of resources; meets deadlines; stays in budget; takes responsibility to achieve outcomes
3. Manages reform and change – supports change and promotes improvement, shares information, deals with barriers, adapts to change, engages others in change, translates change into practical applications
4. Works Collaboratively –recognises outcomes that are based on effective collaboration with others, values their contribution, and facilitates opportunities to engage with stakeholders and develop joint solutions
5. Community and clinician engagement – develops engagement and consultation methods; facilitates engagement to extract information and ensure inclusion and parity of input and is an able public speaker who tailors messages to audience
6. Health promotion and health Literacy – uses consumer input to design and develop promotion and prevention initiatives, strategies and other interventions
7. Develops, plans and implements projects – Undertakes and documents planning phases of projects, coordinates all resources, sets and achieves project targets (time, deliverables, etc.), determines and complies with project budget and quality requirements
Other mandatory criteria
8. Current APHRA registration as a Registered Nurse
9. Knowledge of and commitment to Work Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, and continuous improvement principles
10. Experience as a practice nurse or practice manager and/or working in a primary health care setting
11. Knowledge of health and community services available in the NCPHN footprint
This position is classified as Support Services Level 8 under the Health Professionals and Support Services Award with a commencing salary range of $37.50 to $39.40 per hour (above Award rate) depending on skills and experience.
As a non-profit organisation, NCPHN can offer generous salary packaging opportunities to eligible employees, who are entitled to salary package up to $611.50 per fortnight ($15,899 p.a.) before tax. For more information please visit www.salary.com.au
Applications close: 8am Monday 20 November 2017
Enquiries to Monika Wheeler, Clinician Engagement Coordinator on (02) 6618 5400
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.seek.com.au/job/34739551 →