A key role of NCPHN is to identify and analyse health and service needs within our region and prioritise activity to address those needs.
NCPHN analysed data and engaged community members and clinicians to complete the initial assessment of health needs on the North Coast in 2016.
- Establishment of an oversight committee
- Focus groups with community members
- Interviews with clinicians
- Community survey – completed by 2,420 people (the largest community needs assessment survey undertaken on the North Coast)
- Service provider survey – completed by 1,250 people (the largest service provider needs assessment undertaken on the North Coast)
- Service mapping and collation of health and service statistics
- Public presentations and round tables with key stakeholders
- Workshops: planning solutions with clinicians, service providers and community members
NCPHN thanks everybody who participated in the Needs Assessment research and workshop activities.
The 2016 Needs Assessment report is available to download below.
The 2016 Needs Assessment fact sheets are available to download below.