This workshop aims to increase health professionals’ skill and confidence in taking a detailed suicide history and developing a collaborative management plan to increase the safety of people planning suicide. The workshop provides practical tools for health professionals managing the full spectrum of suicide risk presentations including the acute suicidal crisis, care after a suicide attempt and assisting families experiencing suicide bereavement.
- GP Registrars
- Mental Health Clinicians
- Registered Nurses
- Undertake a suicide risk assessment effectively.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan.
- Implement a team approach to treatment planning.
- Provide effective management following a suicide attempt.
- Respond to the needs of people bereaved by suicide.