Only for people aged 16 and over. If you live or work in the Lismore local government area, you can register for this workshop for free.
ASIST is a leading suicide intervention workshop founded on the principle that everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide. This two-day interactive session will provide information on how to intervene and help prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
The workshop includes:
- Presentations and guidance from two ASIST registered trainers
- A scientifically proven intervention model
- Audiovisual learning aids
- Group discussions
- Skills practice and development
- A balance of challenge and safety
ASIST moves beyond suicide awareness to help you develop skills in how to recognise and respond to a person at risk, linking them to further help. ASIST helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.