Developing self-regulation skills in children aged 4 -12 years of age.
The workshop will be facilitated by Maria McKenzie, Occupational Therapist.
The Hartley Knows How program uses animated stories about Lucie, a young puppy who is learning to get along with her family and friends, follow rules, problem solve and understand and satisfy her own sensory needs.
The Hartley Knows How workshop will help you to:
- Understand the development of self-regulation skills in children.
- Understand and implement sensory strategies to aid alert attention and emotional regulation.
- Support the development of critical and creative thinking in children.
- Support the development of personal and social capability in children.
- Use cognitive behavioural strategies and coaching to assist positive behavioural support.
The Hartley Knows How program has been developed to be used with typically developing children and children with disabilities. It is an effective tool to prompt discussion, improve self-awareness, and introduce a variety of sensory and cognitive-behavioural self-regulation strategies.
Who should attend: psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, educators and education support staff. Parents are also welcome.
About the presenter: Maria McKenzie, Occupational Therapist, has 30 years of clinical experience in working with children with disabilities and typically developing children. Maria is a trained coach and developer of the Hartley Knows How program.