Two-Day Training Workshop
Day One: Self-Destructive behaviour… what is it all about?
- What is a self-destructive behaviour?
- How do we know it is a self-destructive behaviouor?
- Why do individuals do it?
- How does it start?
- What are the triggers for the behaviour and why does it continue to happen?
Day Two: Our response to Self-Destructive Behaviour
- Meeting the needs of someone with self-destructive behaviours
- Hospitalization and associated problems
- Treatment environments and points of intervention
- Boundaries, support plans and essentials for behavioural change
- Meeting the needs of and supporting the worker
- Introduction to ‘Facilitating the SAFE in OZ Consumer Program’ – a three day facilitator training workshop
This workshop is a pre-requisite for the Facilitating the SAFE in Oz Consumer Program.
Endorsed for 6 CPE points with the Australian Community Workers Association.