Medical receptionists are the face of general practices. They are the first point of contact for patients, handle sensitive information and juggle many tasks.
Working with doctors comes with great responsibility. How the support team performs has a huge impact on patient satisfaction, practice credibility and keeping patients and the team safe from adverse outcomes.
Sign up for this two-day course to refresh your skills or learn the new rules and expectations.
- The importance of the reception role in the practice patient relationship:
communication; professionalism; responsibilities.
- The fundamentals for support staff: privacy, risk identification and improvement, data quality.
- The receptionists’ role in critical systems: recalls, reminders; appointment booking, triage; telephone messages; patient identification; guardianship and child consent; billing: the practice process, dealing with Medicare and using item numbers.
- Managing multiple doctors and handle difficult and physically aggressive patients.
- Undertaking risk management activities and being aware of legal issues.
- Current e-health developments.
- CPR in an emergency situations.