Registrations are full.
Free webinar for primary care clinicians on the Mid North Coast.
Across the North Coast Primary Health Network region, there has been an upward trend in dependence on prescription opioids and other analgesics.
A free seven-week webinar course has been developed by the University of Sydney to support Mid North Coast primary care providers to better assess and manage patients experiencing chronic pain. Session topics include:
- Underlying mechanisms for chronic non-cancer pain.
- The role of medication in pain management.
- The biopsychosocial model of pain, case formulation and cognitive behavioural methods for implementing pain self-management.
- Comprehensive case presentations to other health professionals.
- Strategies to engage and support clients to resume a healthy lifestyle and apply effective coping strategies.
Participants must have access to their own computer.
A course handbook, headset and two copies of Manage your Pain (M. Nicholas) will be provided, and a certificate will be awarded on completion.
The webinar is a series of eight 90-minute sessions. Participants enhance their learning through homework tasks between weekly sessions. In total, participation is the equivalent of about four days (28–30 hours, consisting of 12 hours face-to-face sessions and 16–18 hours homework and reading).
Sessions will be held on Wednesdays between 6:00 – 7:30pm:
- 20 Feb 2019
- 27 Feb 2019
- 6 Mar 2019
- 13 Mar 2019
- 20 Mar 2019
- 27 Mar 2019
- 24 Apr 2019
- 19 Jun 2019 (follow up)
This initiative has been funded by the North Coast Primary Health Network.