safeTALK is a half-day alertness workshop that prepares anyone (aged 16 and over), regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognise these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks-registered trainer.
- Access to support from a local community resource person.
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids.
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe.
- Hands-on skills practice and development.
safeTALK helps expand the reach of suicide intervention skills in communities around the world.