A two-day evidence-based course empowers professionals to treat and manage nicotine dependency.
Taking an holistic approach using proven evidence-based techniques, the course is presented by active experts and helps participants to work effectively one-on-one with clients for effective nicotine management and health outcomes.
Topics covered include:
- Smoking in Australia – facts and figures
- Impact of smoking on health
- Effect of nicotine on body and brain
- Nicotine withdrawal syndrome
- Measuring nicotine dependence
- Treating symptom withdrawal
- Using medications effectively
- Special groups – diabetes, pregnancy, teenagers
- Smoking and mental illness
- Behavioural interventions
- What works and what doesn’t
- Setting up a smoking cessation clinic
- Case studies
- Evaluating the intervention
- Mindfulness practice
Cost includes morning tea, lunch and course material.