Following on from Webcast 1: A Framework for Social Determinants of Health, Webcast 2: Early Life & Webcast 3: Socioeconomic Position, the Centre for Healthcare Knowledge & Innovation (the Centre) together with Health Justice Australia and Social Futures invites you to register for Webcast 4: Housing, Communities & Neighbourhoods.
Join in live and take part in real time discussions, surveys and Q&As. If you can’t make it to the live webcast, register anyway and receive a post-event link to the watch-on-demand video file.
If you missed Webcast 1, 2 & 3 and would like to view them before joining Webcast 4, please email Bronwyn Thirkell: firstname.lastname@example.org
About This Webinar
We all need a home. None of us can go about our lives, raise a family, go to work or stay healthy without a stable, safe and affordable place to call home. We also need healthy communities by design – access to recreation and open space, healthy foods, medical services, public transit and safe transportation.
Housing, Communities & Neighbourhoods will explore the links between determinants of a healthy living environment and health and wellbeing. Facilitated by Tessa Boyd Caine, CEO of Health Justice Australia, a panel will explore social and economic responsible public policy for people experiencing poverty and disadvantage.
- Kate Colvin, Policy Director, Council for Homeless Persons
- John McKenna, Chair, Community Housing Industry Association NSW
- Carolyn Curtis, CEO of The Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI)
- Anita Mansfield, Executive Manager, Social Futures
*Panelists subject to change.
Get to know:
- The evidence linking health and planning
- How to advocate for a fair and equitable housing system
- Where low income Australians have access to safe, secure and affordable housing
- How to identify vulnerable families and pathways to care