This workshop provides participants with information and practical examples of the WISER Approach – using the principles of Montessori for dementia. Montessori for dementia is an evidence-based approach to supporting people living with dementia and those that carer for them.
This intensive two-day workshop is designed for professionals working in the care sector, whether it be home care, community care, residential or hospital setting.
Participants will develop knowledge and skills in:
- Applying the Principles of Montessori into their service
- Developing knowledge and understanding of how memory works
- Creating supportive and prepared environments
- Activities and roles the Montessori way
- Problem solving and understanding ‘why is this happening’ – responding to behaviours of unmet needs
The WISER Approach encourages staff members to empower people living with dementia to be as independent as possible, for as long as possible.
This workshop aligns with the Aged Care Quality Standards 2019.
For more information, please contact The WISER Team at Omnicare Alliance.
Cost $250 per person or $220 per person for three or more.
Call 1300 336 488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.