The Centre for Healthcare Knowledge & Innovation (the Centre) is seeking poster presentations as part of its upcoming Revisiting Aboriginal Wellbeing conference series.
Organisations and individuals delivering services to Aboriginal communities are invited to submit up to three projects that are delivered in partnership with another organisation. These programs should celebrate the strengths of our region and be built on social, emotional, spiritual and cultural wellbeing principles.
The purpose of submitting a presentation is so that the Centre can::
- Understand and promote the programs currently being delivered in the North Coast to improve the lives of Aboriginal communities.
- Create a portfolio of poster presentations for sharing information online and throughout the series.
- Select 10-12 programs to deliver a short presentation as part of a ‘celebration of regional partnerships’ at the Centre’s Understanding Today, Envisioning Tomorrow conference in February 2020.
- Disseminate your ideas and celebrate your achievements.
- Build relationships that could lead to future collaborations.
- Receive two free tickets to the conference (selected presentations only).
- Build credibility for your program to access funding opportunities.
- Benefit from the insight of your peers and national bodies involved in the conference program.
Who can submit?
The Centre welcomes submissions from:
- Aboriginal medical services
- General practice
- Allied health
- Local health districts
- Primary health networks
- Community health
- Aged care
- Mental health
- Non- government organisations
- Police and ambulance services
- Universities and TAFE
- Local governments
- Support groups and more
The project or program must be focused on the wellbeing of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and must be delivered in the North Coast footprint, which ranges from the Queensland border in the north to Port Macquarie in the south.
Submissions are due Tuesday 1 October 2019. Selected presentations will be notified in November 2019.
Intent to submit
If you are intending to submit one or more poster presentations, please email Bronwyn Thirkell at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us the name of your project and location. This will help with logistics and we can jog your memory if we don’t receive your submission before 26 September 2019.
If your program/project is relatively new yet you believe you will have something to present on by February 2020, do your best to submit based on the information you have and we can update your poster closer to the time.
The format for your poster should include:
- Introduction to the program/project (summary)
- Partners involved in the program/project
- Impact/lessons learned (this can be estimated and updated prior to conference)
- What’s next for the program/project
If you would like to follow a poster template, download the template here and read this guide for how to use the template. If you would prefer to format your own presentation, the Centre looks forward to receiving your creativity.
We encourage you to share this invitation with others doing great work in the space of Aboriginal wellbeing. We also encourage you to save the date for the Centre’s Revisiting Aboriginal Wellbeing showcase, which will be held at Angourie Rainforest Resort on 4 and 5 February 2020.
Register your interest in attending this showcase here.