NCPHN has contracted Semantic Consulting to provide general practitioners (GPs) and allied health practitioners (AHPs) access to The Digital Health Guide – a platform that will enable health professionals to choose the right health app for their patients.
In a previous newsletter article, we invited interested GPs and AHPs to become early adopters of the Digital Health Guide. To date over 40 GPs and AHPs have chosen to be early adopters.
“I think this is a great initiative as primary health practitioners mostly hear about useful digital health apps from our clients (who may have a very biased view). Having a resource that assists clinicians to give advice about whether apps are useful or not in assisting their health condition is very useful. Links to RCT studies are even better to allow clinicians to judge for themselves if it useful.”
– Nathan Lynch, Physiotherapist, Director of Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre
The time is fast app-roaching for the launch of the Digital Health Guide in the North Coast region. With the success of the early adopter program we are app-solutely ready!
Why should I take advantage of this offer?
- No cost. The Digital Health Guide is provided to you free of charge.
- Pave the way to a better future. The guide will enable a community for healthcare providers to share their experiences and knowledge.
- A way to navigate digital health information. The guide offers you the latest information on a large number of commonly used digital health solutions in the market. This includes reviews and comments from healthcare providers, patients and carers, as well as app review scores from the iTunes and Google Play stores. The guide allows providers to make their own judgement as to what may or may not be useful.
- Ensure the best health outcome for your patients. Digital health applications are readily available to your patients, but some are not subject to regulations, meaning they may not adhere to a standard of quality. By keeping up to date with new applications on the market, you can help ‘prescribe’ the use of an appropriate mobile health app or digital heath solution safely to your patients.
No payment… No paperwork… No worries!
Over the next four weeks, we’ll be setting up access for GPs and AHPs across our footprint.
All you need to do is log in, start reviewing and be a part of this app-mazing health provider community.
Still a little app-rehensive? Click here to learn more.