General practitioners providing Focussed Psychological Strategies (FPS) are reminded to schedule an FPS continuing professional development activity before Tuesday 31 December 2019. This is mandatory to maintain FPS eligibility with Medicare Australia in the 2017–19 triennium.
RACGP Rural is offering an accessible case-based masterclass delivered via teleconference. The masterclass is intended to help:
- extend your skills by exploring intervention methods
- address challenging cases, and
- develop strategies in responding to barriers that resist the achievement of best practice.
The masterclass consists of a series of thought-provoking, small group, case-based discussion sessions facilitated by a GP with specialist experience in mental health. This is offered in an accessible teleconference format consisting of four two-hour, case-based discussions held between September and November 2019. Available groups are:
- Group 2 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm (AEST) on Mondays the 23/09, 07/10, 21/10 and 4/11.
- Group 3 – 7:00 am – 9:00 am (AEST) on Tuesdays the 24/9, 8/10, 22/10 and 5/11.
- Group 4 – 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm (AEST) on Thursdays the 10/10, 24/10, 7/11 and 21/11.
The class is accredited for 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points.
Non-members can register via emailing: email@example.com