During HIV Awareness Week (23 – 30 November), NSW Health is encouraging health professionals to test a diverse range of patients at risk of HIV, including:
- Overseas-born men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Heterosexual identifying MSM
- Australian-born MSM
Testing should be routinely offered to men, women and gender diverse people, who:
- Are from or who travel to high prevalence countries.
- Are sexual partners of people from or who travel to high prevalence countries.
- Ask for a HIV test, regardless of their risk profile.
- Are diagnosed with another sexually transmissible infection (STI).
To help you test, see the recently updated:
- STI/HIV Testing Tool
- Australian Sexually Transmitted Infection & HIV Testing Guidelines 2019 – for asymptomatic men who have sex with men