The Australian Digital Health Agency has partnered with the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) to develop a self-paced online course tailored to the nursing role in any healthcare setting. This course is eligible for CPD points. It will ensure nurses are supported to confidently use My Health Record.
The course contains five modules:
- Module 1 – An Introduction to My Health Record
- Module 2 – Clinical Documents and Patient-Entered Information
- Module 3 – Accessing, Viewing and Uploading to My Health Record
- Module 4 – My Health Record Privacy, Security and Consent
- Module 5 – Supporting Patients’ Use of My Health Record
Dr Helen Almond, Specialist General Practice Nurse and Lecturer in Digital Health said the new module is the latest in a series of initiatives conducted by the Agency and the ACN to ensure nurses are intrinsic in the use of My Health Record.
“Nurses make up the largest number of healthcare professionals in Australia. It is therefore essential they have access to training that will support them to use the system with confidence and competence. These modules do exactly that,’ Dr Almond said.
Each module can be accessed via the My Health Record Online Training portal.
Don’t forget, there are also training modules available for: