North Coast Primary Health Network has entered a new funding partnership with North Coast GP Training (NCGPT) to deliver a range of local networking and education events for the North Coast primary healthcare workforce.
As part of the partnership, NCGPT will be:
- Establishing an Education Advisory Group to advise on and oversee the development of a 12-month continuing professional development plan.
- Establishing up to six Clinical Societies across the region.
- Establishing up to four Nurse Networks across the region.
- Delivering a range of high quality, locally relevant continuing professional development events across the region.
Shortly an Expression of Interest will be released for the establishment of Clinical Societies and Nurse Networks. NCGPT will be looking for clinicians interested in participating in and/or leading a local Clinical Society or Nurse Network.
Each local Clinical Society and Nurse Network will receive support from NCGPT and NCGPT will also fund a clinical lead (for up to eight hours a month) to:
- Consult with members and select topics of local relevance
- Liaise with the NCGPT Director of Clinical Education and Professional Development to develop and document learning outcomes
- Engage with locally relevant presenters and brief them about the learning outcomes and the approach to achieve them
- Build local networks and encourage local participation.