The Notifiable Diseases HealthPathway has been updated as follows:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-NcOv) has been added as a notifiable disease, with emphasis to notify at the point of suspicion, not confirmation.
- Addition of links to the NSW Health coronavirus information web page. (The ‘Latest Updates’ and ‘Health Professionals’ section on this page are updated multiple times daily. There are also informative resources and links available in English and Mandarin.)
- A link to the Public Health Unit’s contact and resource page has been moved near the top of this pathway for easy quick access.
The ‘Management’ section provides a step-by-step guide and process on how to make a notification to the Public Health Unit for a range of other notifiable diseases.
Descriptive information about notifiable diseases is located in the ‘Background’ section.
The ‘Information’ section provides links to other useful NSW Health resources, including Infectious Diseases Reports and Alerts. The patient information section provides a link to healthdirect’s ‘Notification of illness and disease’ web page.
For more information about 2019 Novel Coronavirus see:
- NSW Health coronavirus information webpage
- WHO Coronavirus
- Notifiable Diseases HealthPathway
- Request your free P2 and Surgical Masks
For a list of all localised pathways see:
Mid and North Coast Localised Pathways