Healthy Towns works in partnership with North Coast communities to design local initiatives to improve health and wellbeing.
- Build community connections to support health and wellbeing
- Strengthen communication between health and community services
- Identify and address service gaps
Healthy Towns is working with six North Coast towns in 2018: Casino, Maclean, Evans Head, Woolgoolga, South West Rocks and Lake Cathie.
We have selected towns with an approximate population of between 2,000 to 10,000 and a mix of demographics, health and service needs.
Rural and regional towns often have a strong sense of identity and belonging which provides a great platform for working together.
Local initiatives designed by local people are more successful in improving health and wellbeing outcomes.
Healthy Towns will work together with communities and service providers to design local solutions to issues that matter to you.
NCPHN works closely with our partners to deliver our shared vision of better health for North Coast communities.
Our key partners are Local Health Districts and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations:
Local government is also a vital partner in each town and we are building partnerships with organisations at the local level.
If your organisation would like to partner with Healthy Towns please contact us:
The Program Steps Are: :
Tell us what matters to you.
What do you love about your town? What do YOU think needs to happen to improve health and wellbeing? Surveys and consultations will help us to find out what matters to you. Click links below to complete your town’s survey today:
- Evans Head – survey closed, see below step 02.
- Maclean – survey closed, see below step 02.
- Woolgoolga – survey closed.
- Casino – survey closed, see below step 02.
- Lake Cathie – survey now closed.
- South West Rocks – survey now closed.
Design local solutions to local issues.
Community members, NCPHN and service providers will work together to decide which
new initiatives should be prioritised and what they should look like.
Community Action Planning Workshops will be held in May and June. Click here to sign up to our community newsletter to receive updates about upcoming events in your town. Click on the links below to register:
- Evans Head – workshops were held Tuesday 29 May, 2018
- Maclean – workshops were held Thursday 31 May, 2018
- Woolgoolga – workshops were held Tuesday 5 June, 2018
- Casino – workshops were held Thursday 7 June, 2018
- Lake Cathie – workshops were held Wednesday 27 June, 2018
- South West Rocks – workshops were held Thursday 28 June, 2018
Let’s make it happen! We will support communities to implement solutions. We will focus on actions that support health and wellbeing, develop connections and address gaps in services. Support will include funding, commissioning new services and building partnerships.
Give us your feedback.
We want to ensure that Healthy Towns makes a real difference. All our activities will be evaluated so we can keep improving our programs and services.
If you would like to find out more please contact Sarah Robin, Healthy Towns Program Coordinator: Phone (02) 6618 5400 or send a message: