Galambila Aboriginal Corporation (trading as Galambila Aboriginal Health Service) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service located in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
Galambila is a leading provider of high quality, culturally relevant, comprehensive primary health and related care services. Presently Galambila is reviewing opportunities for enhancing whole of practice care and continuum of care of approaches, ensuring their business model is sustainable, and engaging in new and varied support services in the community. The core of Galambila principles and values is in the delivery of high quality comprehensive primary health care that is sustainable and culturally relevant for the clients of Galambila.
Galambila’s staff are key to improving the health and wellbeing outcomes for clients. Galambila empowers staff through ongoing professional development opportunities and supporting the workforce to find areas of specialty and specific areas of interest.
Galambila serves the Aboriginal communities of Coffs Harbour, Urunga, Bellingen, Woolgoolga and provides outreach services at Yarrawarra Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Galambila also collaborates in service delivery across in the broader region with other communities and organisations.
The Corporate Services Manager will lead a multidisciplinary and diverse team including finance, HR, maintenance, driving and support staff.
For more information on the tasks and functions of the role, please download the position description from the Galambila website.
About the role
This is an exciting role that includes a great mix of strategic and operational skills. In this role you will be building and managing budgets while influencing the performance of the organisation.
The strategic components of the role incorporate developing and implementing business plans, identifying areas for improvement and staff development, and identifying alternative funding sources including generating income.
Working within the organisation, you will be responsible for building and managing budgets, tracking financial performance and building financial literacy and business capability within the organisation.
As a responsible officer you will be accountable to the CEO and the Board for corporate services and financial accounting. You will also take ownership of managing organisation and corporate governance, ranging from finance and business reporting, industrial relations and workplace health and safety. You will take responsibility for managing reporting under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act and necessary reporting to state and federal funding bodies.
In this role you will model leadership and build organisational capability in all areas of corporate services management and work with the Executive Team to deliver on organisational priorities.
Benefits and perks
A competitive salary package of $141,000 including base salary, Superannuation, and additional leave.
- Salary sacrifice up to $31,177 (PBI organisation)
- 11% superannuation
- Additional 5 days sick leave per year
- Additional leave for NAIDOC and Christmas is also available
- Flexible working hours with Rostered Days Off
Galambila also provides support for staff with access to EAP and ongoing professional development opportunities.
This is a competitive package located in a beautiful part of Australia.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have relevant tertiary qualifications in business, management, accounting or finance and be a member of the CPA Australia and have a variety of skills including:
- Business Acumen: High level ability to understand and deal with business situations and achieve positive outcomes.
- Financial Management: Extensive experience in creating and managing budgets, tracking organisational performance against budget, managing self generated income, grants and funding from state and federal government.
- Corporate Governance: High level ability to provide expert advice and take action on all elements of corporate governance from financial reporting and business risk, industrial relations, Workplace Health and Safety, Board Governance.
- Leadership and Management: High level ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary corporate services team.
- Strategic Management: Extensive experience in developing strategic and business plans, actioning goals and tracking and managing operational performance.
- Identify and recognised as Aboriginal descent.
- Previous experience in the health sector or in an NGO / Board environment.
- Experience working with Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations.
- Change Management: Experience in managing organisational change and adapting strategies in a changing financial landscape.
- Experience or familiarity with government funding and grant acquittal processes.
To submit your application include:
- Applicant Details Form (available from the Galambila website).
- Your updated resume.
- A cover letter addressing your skills and experience relevant to the role.
For further information please contact Jane Lennis, HR, or Reuben Robinson, Chief Executive Officer on (02) 6652 0850.